At Vox Church, three core behavioral values shape the way we make decisions and practice our faith. These values inform and direct our church. We practice them when it's popular and when it's out of fashion. We filter everything through these core values.
JESUS AT THE CENTER
We believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important truth in life. Jesus lived a perfect life, died a substitutionary death, and rose from the dead. This one truth changes every other part of life.
“I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.” 1 Cor 15:3-4
The good news of Christ creates an entirely new dynamic for life. For everyone who believes, all your sins are forgiven! God treats you as his child. He judges you on the merits of Jesus. Vox Church is committed applying this life-changing truth to every corner of our hearts and lives. We want the good news of grace to reshape how we see God, how we see ourselves, and how we see the world. This is our first and central value.
Community is how God does things. We are told in scripture that God is one in essence and three in person (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). God has designed humanity in such a way that we need each other in order to know and experience God fully. It’s true that each of us should have a personal relationship with God, but it’s equally true that there are aspects of God we can never know until we invest in deep relationship with his people. This type of sacred community does not happen by accident. We must be intentional about growing it and sustaining it. Seven key elements make up intentional community.
- Proximity Provides Opportunity: Time and energy are required for healthy relationship to grow.
- Vulnerability Creates Connection: When you open up your life, God connects your heart.
- Discipleship Sets Direction: Our goal is to collectively become more like Christ.
- Fun Amplifies Grace: When we learn to enjoy God’s gifts and enjoy one another God is glorified.
- Sacrifice Matures Love: Growing in love requires that you give something up.
- Mission Drives Adventure: God calls us to participate in his great purpose on earth.
- Boundaries Sustain Growth: Healthy limits produce healthier relationships.
The heart of Vox Church is marked by a holy urgency. We believe that time is short, people need God, and he has called his church to be a voice. The name “Vox” comes from the Latin word for voice, and we believe that God desperately wants to speak to those far from him and bring them close. His primary method to do this is his church. As the people of God, we want to echo his truth in every corner of our world through sharing the gospel, serving the poor, helping those in need, seeking the good of the city, partnering with other churches and organizations, and participating in global missions.